Huile de finition marine Penofin
Penofin marine oil finish seals and protects the mill bright beauty of natural wood, giving it that hand-rubbed look mariners prefer. It's the ideal product for use on boats, cabins, cockpits, decks, railings, and docks. Enhances natural wood like no varnish can. Low VOC content : less than 250 grams per liter.
- 99% ultraviolet protection
- Protects and beautifies like no varnish can
- Highest-quality mildew protection
- Safe and easy to use
Tips : You can apply Penofin marine oil finishes in two different ways to obtain a flat matte finish or a high gloss bright finish.
- All varnish must be removed prior to Penofin's application; otherwise Penofin marine oil finish will not penetrate the surface of your wood and will remain tacky.
- Shake well before use. Do not thin of blend with other products.
- Do not apply when th wood is hot to the touch.
- Don't prepare surface with a steel wool.
- If wood is green, it should be allowed to air dry for a minimum of 30 days.
Flat matte finish :
- Apply with brush, sprayer or rag to a clean, dry, unfinished wood surface. All prior finishes must be completely removed. Two coats are required with a minimum of three hours drying time between applications.
- Wipe off excess 30 minutes after each coat or excess oil will congeal on the surface and result a tacky finish. Surface is ready to use twelve hours after the final coat.
High gloss bright finish :
- Wet sanding method. Apply Penofin to a small area. With a 400 to 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper, sand with the grain and keep the area wet with Penofin marine oil finish.
- Wipe the area dry and repeat the process until grain is filled and sealed and desired patina is achieved.
- Buff to a polish with a clean soft cloth. Minimum of two coats required.
- If desired, a polyurethane varnish or lacquer may be applied over Penofin after waiting one week.
Will vary from 175 to 300 square feet per gallon (3,78 L) depending on the surface texture, moisture content, wood species, humidity and method of application.
|Drying time||48 hours|
|Coverage||175 to 300 square feet per gallon US|