Paint & stain remover is a ready to use formula to remove paints, stains, sealers and water repellents from wood substrates. It removes extreme weathering, water stains, mold and mildew while restoring the natural color of wood. Sansin Wood-Strip is biodegradable, rinses off with water and is easy to use.
- Removes oil/latex stains, paints and varnishes
- Removes extreme weathering, water stains, mold and mildew
- Easy to use, restores natural wood color
- Removes water sealers and repellents
- Biodegradable, rinses off with water
Recommended for use on coated new and old wood surfaces such as decks, fences, siding, logs, board and batten timbers.
3,78 liters (1 gallon) covers between 100 to 200 sq.ft.
- Substrate must be dry.
- Temperature above 20°C (70°F).
- Spray vegetation with water or shield off before and during application.
- Protect bordering areas with drop sheets and/or tape off with poly.
- Do not allow this product to contact metal, fabric, floor coverings or outdoor furniture.
Apply liberal and uniform application using brush, roller or spray.
On vertical surfaces start at the bottom and work your way up.
Do not allow to dry as this will require reapplication.
Must lightly mist with water to keep active. Do not apply in direct sunlight.
Allow the product to dissolve coating for at least 20 minutes.
During waiting period you may agitate coating using a stiff brush. Always agitate in direction of wood grain.
Thoroughly rinse the surface using a garden hose or low pressure power washer (max pressure 500psi). Direct the power washer wand with the grain of the wood. Do not stop the wand on the wood as this may mark the wood surface. Allow the wood to dry completely before proceeding with wood lightener.
Dissolve the bag of Sansin Wood Lightener® in 1.5 – 2.0 gal (5.75 – 7.5 L) of water depending on the degree of brightening you require.
Spray the Wood Lightener evenly on cleaned wood surface. Allow the Wood Lightener® to neutralize the treated wood surface for at least 10 minutes.
Rinse off with water. Allow the wood to completely dry before sanding.
Coverage : Wood lightener covers between 150 sq.ft. to 300 sq.ft.
On smooth surfaces always sand using a variable speed random orbital sander with 60-80 grit sand paper to prepare a beautiful finish.