Special Price $10.16 Regular Price $11.95PQT
In stock : 20
Unbacked, high-quality, real wood veneer
- Sheet measures 12" in length and 4-1/2" to 7-1/2" in width. Average thickness is ,024 inches
- The convenient 3 square foot packs are the perfect size for marquetry, inlay repair, accents on furniture and any other small jobs around the shop.
- Grain runs lengthwise
Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same
- Sequencing: When sheets of veneer are cut from the log in succession and kept together in order. Allows sheets to be arranged to create stunning symmetrical patterns.
- Faces: Typically, one side of the veneer will be smoother than the other. Whenever possible, glue with the the rougher side down.
- Substrate: The surface – for large surfaces, often a dimensionally stable material such as plywood, MDF or particleboard – to which veneer is glued.
- Cutting: A sharp utility knife works, or a special veneer saw can be used. A straightedge also will come in handy.
- Glue: Regular yellow wood glue works well, but hide glue also could be used. When gluing sheets of veneer next to each other for a large panel, use veneer tape to keep the edges together.
- Smoothing: Use a roller or a veneer smoothing blade to make sure you have tight adhesion between the veneer and the substrate
|Type of veneer||Veneer|