Waterbased lacquer that can be applied with an brush or a sprayer. Ideal for furniture, cabinets, woodwork, trims & antique and all interior wood surfaces.
- Interior brushing & spraying lacquer application
- Clear finish
- Low VOC
- Drying time : 15 minutes
- Non-yellowing formula
- Made in Canada
How to use :
All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dirt, wax, grease, glue and other contaminants or result will be affected.
Bare wood :
Finish sanding with 120 or 150 grit sandpaper. Do not use steel wool. Vacuum thoroughly and wipe with a tack rag to remove all sanding dust. Always sand in the direction of the wood grain.
Previously finished surfaces :
Clean surface to remove all dirt and sand to remove imperfection and gloss, using a 220 grit sandpaper, following the wood grain. Remove dust with tack rag. Before applying the SamaN lacquer check adhesion of old finish. Spot test for compatibility or finish before proceeding. Do not use SamaN finish on a surface that did not pass the test. When test fails, full sanding is then required and refinish as a bare wood surface.
Stainted surfaces :
Use the SamaN stain and wait until completely dry before applying the lacquer. Do not sand uncoated stained surfaces.
Application tips :
Stir thoroughly before application. Test the finish on an inconspicuous area to ensure proper sheen level. Do not apply in direct sunlight or areas of extreme air movement.
Recommended application conditions :
- Relative wood humidity < 12%
- Room temperature : 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F)
- Relative humidity : 40% to 75%
- Make sure material is at room temperature
Application steps :
- Apply with good quality synthetic brush, flat pad or spray.
- Work gently with the applicator to minimize the amount of air mixed into the finish. Apply generously with minimum brushing to achieve a glass-like finish. Maintain a wet brush, apply following the wood grain.
- Brushing lacquer will dry to touch in 15 minutes. Sanding is not required between coats unless surface feels rough. If necessary, sand with a 220 grit sandpaper and remove dust. Allow 2 hours between coats.
- Reapply. A minimum of 3 coats is recommended for ultimate protection. Allow finish to cure for at least 24 hours before subjecting to normal use. Care should be uses during the first month after application as the finish is curing to its ultimate hardness.
125-150 sq.ft per 946 ml (32 oz). Coverage will vary significantly depending on application method and condition of wood.
VOC : 228g/L
Clean all tools with warm water and soap immediately after use.
Store at room temperature. Freezable.