Tandem-1 is a natural impregnating oil that penetrates the wood without sealing it. It enhances the grain and does not form any surface film.
Tandem-1must be coated with a finish, such as Tandem-2 oil, a professional water-based or solvent-based wax or varnish.
This dye is easy to apply, does not overlap and can be retouched easily before applying the finish. Its colouring developed from earth pigments and micronized natural iron oxide help penetration.
- Easy to apply;
- Does not overlap;
- Ideal for floors;
- Low odour;
- Enhances wood grain;
- Very high-penetrating power does not leave any surface film;
Technical data sheet
IMPREGNATING OIL STAIN
TANDEM-1 is a plant-based impregnating oil product that must be covered by a finishing product such as TANDEM-2 oil, SOLO oil, wax, and water- or solvent-based varnish.
TANDEM-1 is easy to apply. It impregnates wood deeply and leaves no surface film. TANDEM-1 does not overlap and can always be repaired.
Ligna products are first-quality natural oils that enhance woods characteristics; they are suitable for both residential and commercial projects.
TANDEM-1 is a product that is used to stain all types of wood surfaces. Its hues have a rich appearance. They are made from micronized iron oxide, which comes from the best European deposits.
TANDEM-1 finishing oil offers excellent covering power. A small quantity is sufficient to cover a large surface. The quantity necessary varies according to hardness of the wood type that is used.
- Low-density woods such as white, red or jack pine, heat-treated wood, Douglas fir, and larch: 180 to 250 sq. ft./L
- Medium-density woods such as oak, cherry wood, and birch: 250 to 300 sq. ft./L
- High-density woods such as maple, Brazilian walnut, and bamboo: 300 to 500 sq. ft./L
TYPES OF PROJECTS:
All indoor wood surfaces, floors, furniture, walls, ceilings, woodwork, paneling, doors and window frames; all types of unfinished or stripped wood.
The surface must be clean and free of dust and any wax or varnish residue. Bring the product to room temperature before application. The temperature must be above 15° C (59° F).
Mix the product with the help of a stick before application.
For hard wood, the surface must be sanded along the grain with 100‒ 120 grit sandpaper before application. Use a vacuum cleaner or a clean, dry cloth to remove dust.
For high-density wood, such as maple and some types of exotic wood, you must first “open” the wood’s grain.
Procedure: Wet the wood with a mop or humid rag. When the surface is completely dry (about 2 hours), sand lightly with 220 grit sandpaper to “break” the raised wood’s grain, dust meticulously, and apply oil.
- Apply with the help of an applicator pad, applicator, natural silk bristle paintbrush, or bleached cotton rags. Make sure that the wood is saturated.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, with the help of a bleached cotton rag, wipe along the wood’s grain as you rub in the oil to make it penetrate and eliminate any excess.
Number of coats: Only 1 coat is necessary, but it is possible to apply a second coat after 24 hours, which will increase colour intensity by about 20%.
Specific weather conditions: During heat waves and extremely humid weather, you may add 10 to 15% of Ligna’s odour-free Iso-Diluant thinner to your oil to make drying easier.
Drying: Apply another coat or the finish of your choice after 24 hours.
- VOC’s: 425 g/L
- Available sizes: 15 ml (tester)/237 ml/946 ml/3.78 L/18.9 L
- Types of use: floors, furniture, kitchen cabinets, counters, islands, inside doors and window frames, woodwork, paneling, walls, and ceilings
- Composition: safflower seed oil, tung oil, linseed oil, wax, resin, isoparaffin, and cobalt-free siccative.
- Tool cleaning: Use Ligna’s Iso-Diluant thinner.
- Preservation: 2 to 3 years in an airtight container stored in a cool, dry place.
- Origin: Tandem-1 is a Canadian registered trademark, made for EVO Home Finishing, in Italy. The product is treated, packaged and distributed in Canada by EVO Home Finishing Inc.
- Safety precautions: COMBUSTION HAZARD Keep out of children’s reach. Materials used with this product, such as rags, may spontaneously combust. Put rags in water after use or lay them flat to dry, then throw them out.
|Applicator||Polishing cotton, Foam brush, Paint brush|