Assorted colors stained veneer 4.5" to 7.5" x 25" - (6 sq.ft.)
Unbacked, high-quality, real wood veneer
- Each pack contains 6 square feet of unbacked veneer that ranges in size from 4-1/2" to 7-1/2" in width by 25" in length.
- Generally maple, but could be birch or any other domestic white wood. Just the right size for marquetry, inlay repair, accents on furniture and any other small job around the shop.
- These dyed veneers can be used when making inlays for musical instruments ,for color accents in children's toys, great for marquetry, inlay repair, accents on furniture and any other small jobs around the shop.
Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Faces: Typically, one side of the veneer will be smoother than the other. Whenever possible, glue with the the rougher side down.
- Substrate: The surface – for large surfaces, often a dimensionally stable material such as plywood, MDF or particleboard – to which veneer is glued.
- Cutting: A sharp utility knife works, or a special veneer saw can be used. A straightedge also will come in handy.
- Glue: Regular yellow wood glue works well, but hide glue also could be used. When gluing sheets of veneer next to each other for a large panel, use veneer tape to keep the edges together.
- Smoothing: Use a roller or a veneer smoothing blade to make sure you have tight adhesion between the veneer and the substrate
|Type of veneer||Veneer|