Veillisseur concentré pour bois - Effet bois de grange
Barn wood effect is a wood aging stain which creates a natural silver-grey finish that highlights wood graining.
It can be used alone for a more discrete effect or with the tannic activator, which enhance the reactivity of the wood and strongly emphasize the aging effect.
The resulting colour of Barn wood effect may vary from one species to another. It goes from brownish to greyish, black or greenish. The tone of the colour can be adjusted by varying the dilution ratio.
It can be used on planned, brushed or rough wood.
- The wood must be clean and unfinished.
- Apply the product and leave the surface to dry. If it's needed, apply tannic activator before and let dry.
- Thin with water. The ratio may vary from 1:5 to 1:50 (one part of product for 5 to 30 parts of water) depending on the species of wood and the wanted effect.
- Shake well before application.
- Apply with a brush, a roll or an application pad, or with a sprayer.
- Wait at least 4 hours before applying a finishing product.
- Use an oil, wax or varnish.
- This product raise the grain of the wood. We suggest to rub the surface with a white scrubbing pad or sand paper 220 grit before applying the finish..
Using a colored oil makes it possible to create effects of superposition of very interesting hues.
100 sq. ft. per liter of undiluted product
Sizes available :
- 500 ml
- 946 ml
Tool cleaning :
- Clean your tools with water. Natural silk brushes tend to gray.
- Test and try the product to find the right dilution ratio.
- Wear gloves when using this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Dilution ratio with water by wood species :
(barn wood effect : water)
|White pine||Yes||1:5||Dark gray|
|White cedar||Yes||1:20||Medium gray|
|Brand||Les Finitions Evo|
|Applicator||Paint brush, Sprayer|
|Product type||Wood treatment|
|Coverage||100 square feet per liter|